Discover Switzerland’s odd grapes, small producers, and eclectic tastes
Sip and swirl fine Swiss wine on this exclusive 4-hour private tasting Wine Tour around Lake Lucerne. Make your way from Lucerne, in a 30 min lovely boat ride or take the bus depending on the Season, to the most traditional winery in the region through the breathtaking Swiss countryside and visit vineyards and winemakers, tasting there wines and local delicacies. Settle into your seat and sample four local blends as you learn the unique characteristics of each. A traditional swiss cheese and delicious bread will be served alongside your tasting. Then head back to Lucerne among pretty alpine landscapes and impressive holiday Villgaes. Get on the lift on a scenic 5 min ride to Lucerne’s castle and enjoy the most breathtaking view of the city from the highest vantage point around.
What to Expect
See the heart of Lucerne’s wine region on a private 4-hour tour to the most traditional winery right at the lake. This Wine tasting tour starts with a 30 min. cruise along the Lake Lucerne visiting vintners in the boundaries of the city at “Kastanienbaum” , which attracts recreation seekers from all over the region, a magnificent residential area overlooking the lake Lucerne and the Swiss Alps.
Kastanienbaum region, hence the array of white, sweet and red wines, all thriving in a climate stabilized by the striking Lake Lucerne. It offers innovative vintners determined to both preserve wonderful old traditions, and breathe new life into them. This Winery has been producing wines since 1981, using mainly Pinot Noir and Riesling Sylvaner as well 10 other grape varietals cultivated on 7 hectares of land. They produce the best known wines in the region.
Enjoy a 15 minutes walk from the boat or bus station along the lake to the Winery to take in stunning views of the surroundings and snap some Photos! Our photographer and also guide, will take professional photo shooting along the tour for you so you can get back home with last lasting memories. You will have the wonderful opportunity to talk to the winemakers, ask them what you always wanted to know, and tour their vineyards. We keep our groups small and personal, this way it never gets crowded and no one feels rushed.
Then head back to Lucerne city by bus, the swiss public transportation is one of the most efficient, save, comfortable and clean in the World. Take a lift to the highest point around the city to admire the beauty of the surroundings and finally get a photo shooting with the amazing city background!
- Visit the picture perfect town of Kastanienbaum
- Wine tastings in traditional and local family-owned winery
- Take a boat trip through the beautiful lake Lucerne
- Explore the charm of Lucerne’s unique castle
- Get a professional photo shooting along the tour
- Full Escorted private tour from Lucerne.
- Absorb the alpine landscape of the countryside after a 30 minute public transportation ride.
- Full Escorted Private tour
- 3.5 hour tour
- Wine tasting (inclusive 4-5 different local wine types, swiss cheese and fresh bread)
- Professional, multilingual guide – English, Spanish, German
- Professional Photography shooting on location
- Private on-line gallery to download the images
- 30 post processed images with professional photography software
- Food and beverages (unless mentioned above)
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- Travel insurance
- Photography Equipment
- Boat trip, bus and lift tickets, total cost per person: CHF 33.00
CHF 550 (up to 4 persons)
CHF 700 (5 up to 10 persons)
Transportation cost per person = CHF 33.00 round trip (boat, bus and lift)
Our pricing is per Tour NOT per person so if there are 3 or more in your group, you’ll probably pay less than if you took a big tour.
Book your excursion here or contact us directly to +41 76 2618641
Departure time and meeting point:
– At the “Torbogen” Big arch monument in front of the train station.
– We will meet at 12:30 to get the boat at 12:45.
– Duration: 3.5 hours
Tour e-Gift card
Give someone you know a PD e-Gift Card, good toward any of our Lucerne Photography Private Courses or Photography Workshops & Tours. For those in a rush or living outside Switzerland, we will send you a printable eCard. PD e-Gift Cards are fully transferable and have NO expiration date. They are available in any amount from CHF 49 – CFH 950. It makes a great gift for someone who loves photography or travel. Order now, or email us for more information.