Discover the wonderful castles of Lake Lucerne and the beauty of the alpine landscape.
Our full-day Lucerne castles tours are our acclaimed specialty. This full day, private tour features visits to the most impressive castles, palaces and chateaux around Lake Lucerne. Travel back in time to these well preserved castles in Central Switzerland.
Witness the fairy tale-like castles & palaces around Lake Lucerne on a day trip with plenty of alpine history and magnificent sceneries. Travel in a comfortable car or mini van to the most beautiful palaces and admire its lavish interiors. Enjoy a private guided tour inside a luxurious Villa and discover its well kept secrets through a big art collection of paintings and porcelain. Take a moderate, inspiring walk along lake Lucerne to explore the Castle’s english garden and vineyards, a picture book place of breath-taking vistas and tranquility. Finish this unique tour at the white castle in Lucerne and just take in the outstanding views of the well preserved old town, the lake Lucerne and the Swiss Alps. We will have many photography opportunities along the way and also time to do a private photo shooting on every location. Every image will be taken and edited with professional equipment. Just the perfect way to keep memories alive!
What to expect
Switzerland’s castles, fortresses and chateaux are pretty much the icing on its scenic cake. Whether set among vines, snuggled low on the lake’s edge or perched above towns, these imposing monuments look freshly minted for a fairytale, with their riots of turrets and impenetrable walls. Turner, Goethe and Lord Byron were among the Romantics inspired by Switzerland’s castles, which captured their vivid imaginations with their mysterious beauty, bloody medieval past and mood-lifting views in the 19th century – just as they still captivate today.
To start this tour, a visit to a classic Villa by the lake Lucerne is a must, there we will take a private guided tour to the interior and will listen to the stories behind its lavish halls, art collection and porcelain and also take some beautiful pictures during the tour inside the villa and outside in the pretty gardens. We will take an enjoyable moderate 30 min. walk along the lake where you will have the opportunity to take pictures and also do a photo shooting at every beautiful spot along the way. Keep on going to the castle in Meggen, its wineyards offer a great panorama of the lake and the city and the beauty of the surrounding are just stunning. The journey continues driving for 15 min. in a comfortable car towards Lucerne city and its picture-perfect white castle, which offers jaw-dropping views of the Reuss river, old town, Lake Lucerne and the Swiss Alps.
Another memorable aspect of this tour beside the historic buildings is the delightful landscape. The route along Lake Lucerne and from the high vantage points is a perfect reminder of this!
– Full Escorted private tour from Lucerne.
– Photo shooting in every visited location.
– Enjoy the spectacular mountain ridge setting.
– This tour can be tailor to your interests and for instance combine it with a Lucerne city tour (extension). Landscape and cultural sightseeing blend easily in Switzerland!!!
– Travel in a comfortable car or minivan
– Visit castles and villages off the beaten track
– Absorb the alpine landscape of the countryside
- Full Escorted Private tour
- Professional, multilingual guide – English, Spanish, German
- Professional Photography shooting on location
- Private on-line gallery
- 30 post processed images with professional photography software
- Private Transportation from Lucerne(car or mini van)
- Hotel Pick up and drop off
- Entrance fee to all locations
- Food and beverages
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- Travel insurance
- Travel transportation (unless specified)
CHF 900 (up to 8 persons)
Our pricing is per Tour NOT per person so if there are 3 or more in your group, you’ll probably pay less than if you took a big tour.
Book your excursion here or contact us directly to +41 76 2618641
Departure time and meeting point:
– Hotel Pick up and drop off
– We will leave at noon. We could also leave earlier or later but it depends on the availability.
– Duration: 7 hours