From Lucerne along the Reuss river to the Rotsee lake and back to Lucerne. A comfortable and easy 2.5 hrs e-bike experience with breathtaking alpine scenery.
The 13 kms/8 miles bike ride follows almost entirely trails that are separate from motorised traffic. The route is mostly flat and is therefore conditionally easy. This tour is ideal for nature lovers and people who are curious to discover a different perspective of Lucerne city with its beautiful surroundings. We travel on battery-assisted pedalling e-bikes which enables everyone with a “normal level of physical fitness” to enjoy this experience.
From our starting point at the big arch monument in front of Lucerne Train Station, we cycle downstream beside the Reuss, passing the Chapel Bridge, Water tower, Jesuit Church and Lucerne old wall. On the cycle/footpath we travel along the river passing along the public river beach and continuing on over the Kleine Emme, keeping to the cycle path. A little later the cycle path narrows and we stop to admire the wooden sculptures place one after the other by the river. We continue towards our first ascent to the best vantage point towards the Rotsee Lake and the three main local mountains: Mt Pilatus, Mt Rigi and Mt Stanserhorn, the three mighty Lucerne peaks. Further on we stop at the local farm where we take a look at some of its products. We continue towards Lucerne and stop by a Deer Park and also we get close to the river to refresh in the crystal clear water of the Reuss River. Back to Lucerne train station.
- Local experience
- Visit the Wooden sculpture park
- Enjoy the views along the river and from a high vantage point
- Discover beautiful places along the tour
- Comfortable e-bike ride and helmet
- Visiting a local farm and the deer park
- English speaking guide with information about Swiss culture & history
- Small Group tour up to 4 persons
Best between April to October
- Meet: 8:00 am – Under the arch in front of the Lucerne train station
- Return: 10-10:30
- We might have an alternative starting time at 15:00 depending on the availaibility.
CHF 99 per Adult up to 4 persons.
For 5 or more people contact us to check availability and price.
- Use of e-Bike including helmet during the tour and full instruction on handling the bike
- small group tour with English-speaking guide
- Personal expenses
- Food and beverages – options to purchase drinks at the local farm or bring your own picnic if you prefer.
The tour departs rain or shine.
A 2 to 2.5 hour comfortable bike ride along mostly trails that are separate from motorised traffic. over 13 kms/8 miles
Note: Participants must be 16 years or older to ride e-bikes – not suitable for under-16s.
Book your tour:
Send us an email here
Difficulty: Easy bike ride. Great for any fitness level.Mostly paved surfaces. Suitable for all skill levels.
Distance: 8 miles (13 km)
Uphill 375 ft
Downhill 375 ft