Mount Stanserhorn is the perfect mountain for hiking at all levels. it offers everyone the possibility to pick the appropriate hike.
On this full-day hiking tour you will discover the magnificent Mount Stanserhorn in the heart of the stunning Swiss countryside. This journey to the (6230ft / 1900m) high summit involves different transportation methods, first take the train to Stans on the southern side of Lake Lucerne, a ride which will take roughly 20 minutes, then make a time-jump ride on a wooden vintage funicular from the 19th century right before getting to the top-modern Cabrio cable car. Great for enjoying jaw dropping alpine landscapes! Discover the secret beauty of Mt Stanserhorn by hiking the Geo-Trail, a unique and unforgettable experience!
Discover the beauty of Lucerne city on an optional 2 hrs. walking tour and learn the history of Chapel Bridge, Lion Monument, City old Wall and Lucerne Castle.
What to expect
Most of us have experienced what a regular cable car feels like. The Stanserhorn mountain though, has made it for its guests more excited. The world’s first convertible-style cable car, the Stanserhorn CabriO, is where the fun begins.
Wander from the summit down to the plateau at 1200 to 1600 m above sea level in the Engelberg valley through the Geo-trail towards the holiday destination of Wirzwerli where we will take a Gondola ride down to the station. A 10 min. stroll will lead us to the train station and back to Luzern.
Before we begin with our hike, you’ll first be delighted with flowering meadows; stunning views over a hundred kilometers of alpine peaks, the city of Lucerne in the distance and also Lucerne’s own Mount Pilatus rising 2,128 meters into the sky; the lower sprawl of the Bürgenstock and the characteristic double peak of the Mythen among an endless scenery of lakes and mountain meadows.
Marvel at the sights in an unforgettable ride through the valley, you can have a panoramic and completely unobstructed view while you float under the open sky with pristine mountain air blowing through your fluttering hair and no ropes above your head – as these are placed on the side of the carriage. The unimpaired view from the roofless upper deck of the gondola is truly memorable.
Explore Lucerne city as a local on an optional 2 hrs. photo walk which includes visits to the Chapel Bridge, Lion Monument, Old City Wall and Lucerne Castle.
- The world’s first convertible-style cable car
- Cabrio trips on the open-top-deck of the double decker cable car
- Vintage funicular train ride
- Spectacular views of lakes and mountains
- Enjoy a full-guided hiking tour
- Experienced local guide
- Private Tour
- Geo-trail tour
- 2 hrs. Lucerne Walking Photo Tour (Optional Tour Extension)
- Lift Ticket to Lucerne Castle (Optional Tour Extension)
- Private photography shooting along the tour (Optional Tour Extension)
- On-line private gallery to download the images (Optional Tour Extension)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to Stanserhorn from Lucerne (train from Lucerne, Vintage Funicular and the Cabri’o to Stanserhorn) cost per person approx. CHF 68.00
- Personal Expenses
- Travel Insurance
CHF 550 per group (up to six persons)
Book this tour with any of our Optional tour extensions: Lucerne City Highlights or a Photo Shooting along the tour.
- Lucerne Walking Tour: Take our 2 walking city tour including the Chapel Bridge, Lion Monument, City Old Wall and Lucerne Castle
- Cost CHF 120 per group
- Photography Shooting: I will take photograph you along the whole tour. I am a professional photographer and i use the best camera equipment and software. It also includes a private on-line gallery to download all images taken.
- Cost CHF 120 per group.
Type: Day Tour from Luzern
Departs From: Lucerne Train Station
Duration: 7 hours
Availability: daily at 07:00 am or 8:00 am. contact us for availability.
Book your excursion here or contact us directly to +41 76 2618641
Available in following languages: English & Spanish
The open upper deck holding 30 people is completely optional and passengers can decide whether they want to ride with or without a roof. If the weather doesn’t comply with your plans or if you prefer to have four solid walls, a floor and a roof surrounding you, you can also ride in the lower, fully enclosed cabin.
The Geo-trail was put together in collaboration with Nidwaldner Wanderwege, Pro Natura and WWF Unterwalden, and follows existing hiking trails, some of them Alpine. The trail is easily divided into several stages, as there are various different possibilities for both ascent and descent. The Stanserhorn – Wirzweli route is among one of our most beautiful mountain hikes.
Conditions & Requirements: Medium
Total km: 10 km
Panoramic views : Over Lake Lucerne and the town, Pilatus, Bürgenstock, Rigi and Mythen across to Säntis, Tödi, Uri Rotstock and Titlis as well as the Bernese Alps.
- Mountains paths are mostly steep, narrow and partially exposed. A sure foot and no fear of heights as well as a good physical condition are required. Solid shoes with slip-proof soles are necessary.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
PD E GIFT CARD
Give someone you know a PD e-Gift Card, good toward any of our Lucerne Photography Private Courses or Photography Workshops & Tours. For those in a rush or living outside Switzerland, we will send you a printable eCard. PD e-Gift Cards are fully transferable and have NO expiration date. They are available in any amount from CHF 49 – CFH 950. It makes a great gift for someone who loves photography or travel. Order now, or email us for more information.