Full-day Private Tour in a comfortable and modern car / minivan from Lucerne, Interlaken or Grindelwald to the valley of Lauterbrunnen, world’s most spectacular glacial valley and ringed by 72 waterfalls, including some of the highest in Europe. Take the Mountain View Trail to the car-free alpine village of Mürren, a panoramic hike with fantastic views of the world-famous icy icons, the Eiger, Mönch & Jungfrau. Capture the beauty of some of the most impresive waterfalls in Europe: Staubbach, Trümmelbach and Mürrenbachfall. Guided by a professional local guide/photographer to show you the best spots along the Mountain Trail to take beautiful images, he will also provide photography tips if you want. All camera skills welcome! From DSLR’s, compact cameras or an iPhone. Nature lovers, hikers and casual walkers are welcome too.
Book this tour with an Optional private photo shooting. It also includes a private on-line image Gallery.
What to Expect
Take a pleasant ride on a cable car from Lauterbrunnen to an elevation of 4885 ft where the glorious Mountain View Trail begins, this trail is ideal for nature lovers, photographers, hikers or even a casual walkers. This is a panoramic hike with fantastic views of the world-famous icy icons, the Eiger, Mönch & Jungfrau. The trail takes you off the beaten track over Lauterbrunnen Valley for about two hrs. After an elevation gain of over 400 mts. you arrive in Mürren (elevation 5,397 feet). You’ll find plenty of viewpoints along the way, perfect to Photograph alpine panoramas with the Jungfrau as the glorious Centrepiece. We can assist you taking better photographs along this scenic tour and also we will be happy to portrait you and your group with a jaw dropping background of the Bernese Alps.
Continuing on through Mürren the road descends through a mix of modern apartments and centuries-old farm houses before descending with a lovely cable car ride to Stechelberg. Take a 7 minute bus ride to Trümmelbach Falls, which is one of those “must see” natural wonders. It’s a series of 10 pounding waterfalls that have cut through the rock to form immense underground channels and torrents. Fed by the glaciers of the Eiger, Mönch, and Jungfrau, 20,000 liters of water per second pound their way through the chasm to the valley below. This underground spectacle is made ingeniously and perfectly accessible by a tunnel funicular and a series of illuminated tunnels, galleries, and balconies.
After, return to Lauterbrunnen by bus. From the bus stop you can already enjoy the beauty of the “Staubbach” Waterfall. Anyone who has ever wanted to meet one of Johann Wolfgang von Goethe’s “muses” is in the right place in the Lauterbrunnen Valley. The Prince of Poetry was inspired by the imposing Staubbach Falls for his work “Song of the Spirits Over the Waters”. Lauterbrunnen’s landmark is approximately 300 metres (1000 ft) above the vertical rock face being third highest waterfall in Switzerland – a natural display of a quality that can only be seen here. From the foot of the waterfall, a path leads up to the Staubbach Gallery. After a short climb takes you right up to, and then behind the curtain of water. After a few switchbacks, you enter a long tunnel, and then cling to the edge of the cliff as water swirls in the air all around you. You’ll get wet. You’ll have fun. The spray fountains, which gave their name to the waterfall, can be observed here up close.
- Discover Unesco Word Heritage natural sites
- Visit Traffic-free mountain village of Mürren.
- Take cable car rides with stunning views
- Visit Staubbachfall, Trümmelbachfall, and Mürrenbachfall
- Walk the Mountain View Trail
- Enjoy jaw-dropping landscapes of the Bernese Alps.
- Be guided by a professional guide-photographer
- Learn how to take better pictures along the tour
- Professional photographer/guide
- Private Tour
- All Transportation from Lucerne included (Cable cars & Bus)
- Trümmerbach Waterfalls Entrance Fee
- Guided Mountain View Trail
- Transportation in a Comfortable and modern Car/Minivan
- Hotel Pick up/drop off
- Photography Tips
- On-line Gallery to download all images taken during the tour (Tour Optional)
- Photography shooting along the tour (Tour Optional)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
- Travel Insurance
- Camera Equipment
CHF 599 per person (up to 6 persons)
Book this tour with a private photo shooting along the whole tour.
- Photography Shooting: I will take photos of you along the whole tour. I am a professional travel photographer and i use the best equipment to take pictures. It also includes a private image Gallery to download the images.
- Cost CHF 120 per tour
Book your excursion here or contact us directly to +41 76 2618641
Departure time and meeting point:
– Hotel Pick up and Drop off from Lucerne, Interlaken or Grindelwald.
– We will leave at 7:30
– Duration: 8 hours
- Season: From April 1st to November 1st
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Photography course/tour e-Gift card
Give someone you know a PD e-Gift Card, good toward any of our Lucerne Photography Private Courses or Photography Workshops & Tours. For those in a rush or living outside Switzerland, we will send you a printable eCard. PD e-Gift Cards are fully transferable and have NO expiration date. They are available in any amount from CHF 49 – CFH 950. It makes a great gift for someone who loves photography or travel. Order now, or email us for more information.