Mount Bürgenstock is more than a mountain – it’s a legend!
Take mind-blowing photographs in the heart of central Switzerland atop a spectacular mountain ridge offering incomparable views of Lake Lucerne and the Swiss Alps.
Enjoy the alpine landscape as you reach the Bürgenstock Resort from Lucerne in diverse transportation mode taking first a relaxing 30 min. boat ride, followed by a 7 min short ride by Funicular to the Mountain station. Enjoy the majestic surroundings while walking along the 30 min. mountain’s trail to take the Lift to the highest vantage point. If you have a passion for beautiful Landscapes, adventure and nature, Bürgenstock is the right place to snap great images and come back home with long- lasting and beautiful memories!
Discover the beauty of Lucerne city on an optional 2 hrs. walking tour including The Chapel Bridge, Lion Monument, City old Wall and Lucerne Castle.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Experience the beauty of Bürgenstock in a full day trip with many different ways of transportation. Depart from Lucerne by boat and change to a Funicular. We will have already plenty of photography opportunities from the water on the 30 min. ride from the comfort of your seat. At 1,200 mts. walk at the edge of the mountain along the impressive cliff path, a 30 min. panorama trail offering outstanding views down on Lake Lucerne. We will take photos from the spectacular alpine landscape and also take some photos of you in this amazing natural setting, this is just the perfect start before reaching the Panorama Elevator.
If you don’t suffer from vertigo, the Hammetschwand Panorama Elevator is for you. Its views of the steep cliffs stretching down into the lake are breathtaking. In just about one minute, Europe’s highest outdoor stand-alone elevator whisks passengers up to the terrace atop Mount Bürgenstock. The 152.8 meter-high lift is one of the most daring tourist attractions dating back to the Belle Epoque. Photograph the natural wonders in Central Switzerland in an environment which is best described as heavenly!
When you have finished exploring the Alpine resort, it’s time to head down via the funicular and then by boat through the pristine Lake Lucerne.
For those who booked the tour optional get ready to Explore Lucerne city as a local on a lovely 2 hrs. photo walk visiting the Chapel Bridge, Lion Monument, Old City Wall and Lucerne Castle.
A unique experience with plenty of photography opportunities from the beginning to the end!
– Tour Accompanied by a professional travel photographer to show you how to take better pictures and will photograph you in this amazing landscape.
– Enjoy the incredible outdoor setting with 360 degree views from the spectacular mountain ridge setting.
– Take different transportation modes
– Discover Bürgenstock resort of superlatives.
– Experience Europe’s highest & fastest outdoor elevator as you go up the 300 ft / 150 m Hammetschwand Lift to the 1128m/3500ft mountaintop.
– Hike on an easy, wide, shade covered Cliffside footpath on a new 30 min. “Educational Trail” with visuals communicating the region’s sustainability, ecological and geographical features and history.
- Private Tour from Lucerne.
- Cliff Walk
- Professional photographer, multilingual guide – English, Spanish
- Professional Photography shooting on location
- Private on-line gallery
- 30 post processed images with professional photography software
- Two hr. City Photo Walk: Chapel bridge, Lion Monument, Old city Wall and Lucerne Castle (Optional City Tour Extension)
- Lift Ticket to Lucerne Castle (Optional City Tour Extension)
- Food and beverages
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- Travel insurance
- Hotel Pick up and Drop off
- Camera Equipment
- Transportation from Lucerne to Bürgenstock and back ( Cost per person CHF 102.00 with boat trip, funicular and Lift )
- 50% off in Transportation with the Swiss Travel Pass or Halb Tax Card.
CHF 449 per group (up to 6 persons)
Book this tour with the city highlights option if you want the 2 hrs extension walking tour in the city.
- Lucerne photo walk: Take our Two hrs. Lucerne walking city tour including the Chapel bridge, Lion Monument, old city wall and Lucerne castle.
- Extra cost CHF 120 per group
Book your excursion here or contact us directly to +41 76 2618641
Departure time and meeting point:
– At the “Torbogen” Big arch monument in front of the train station.
– We will leave early morning to get the most of the day. We can also leave later if you want to.
– Duration: 5 hours
Season: From Mid April to October
View: Over the Lake Lucerne, Mt. Rigi, Mythen, Buochserhorn, Mt. Stanserhorn, Mt. Titlis and Mt. Pilatus
Winter: Felsenweg path, Hammetschwand lift and the Hammetschwand mountain restaurant are not in operation during winter
Is this Tour for you?
This tour is intended for amateur as well as serious photography enthusiasts with an interest to visit and photograph the beauty of the Swiss Alps together with its many traditions and culture . No prior expertise or experience in photography is necessary, as your photographer-guide will be there to assist you at every level. You may carry any camera – a simple aim-and-shoot or a DSLR. Travel enthusiasts who are not photographers but keen to experience the multiple facets of Switzerland can also benefit from the tour.
Can I bring my non-photographer partner with me?
Yes, you can. We visit many beautiful places in Switzerland. Having a good time during the trip is as much on the agenda as photography is. Your partner will enjoy the journey with us.
I am not a keen photographer. But I want to visit Switzerland. Can I still join?
Yes. The answer is exactly the same as in the case of previous question. We visit many beautiful places in Switzerland with a spectacular natural wonders, we witness the best Alpine Festivals during the whole year and always with the idea in mind of having long lasting memories in all our photo tours. For us fun is as much on the agenda as photography is!
Photography course/tour e-Gift card
Give someone you know a PD e-Gift Card, good toward any of our Lucerne Photography Private Courses or Photography Workshops & Tours. For those in a rush or living outside Switzerland, we will send you a printable eCard. PD e-Gift Cards are fully transferable and have NO expiration date. They are available in any amount from CHF 49 – CFH 950. It makes a great gift for someone who loves photography or travel. Order now, or email us for more information.