A classic mountain hike in central Switzerland
The four-lake-level hike combines Melchsee-Frutt and Engelberg. The varied hike leads through a fantastic mountain scenery, unique flora, deep blue mountain lakes and offers breathtaking views. Trübsee, in Engelberg, is the starting point for the so-called «four-lake hike». Explore Melchsee-Frutt, the sparkling natural reservoir, where fishing is becoming quite popular, and Sample local cheese at the dairy.
This area is a place of power!!!
- View of the Bernese Alps
- Walk around four different crystal-clear alpine lakes
- Fantastic mountain scenery
- Unique flora
- Relax on a public train ride from Lucerne-Engelberg-Stöckalp-Lucerne
- Enjoy a full-guided photo tour
- Train journey to Engelberg; 10-minute walk or bus journey from the station to the valley station.
- Gondola lift Engelberg–Trübsee.
- Chair-lift trip to the Jochpass
- Walk down to Engstlensee
- Route: Trübsee–Jochpass–Engstlenalp–Tannalp–Melchsee-Frutt.
- Duration of hike: approx. 4 hours; difficulty: medium.
- Gondola lift Melchsee-Frutt–Stöckalp.
- From Stöckalp take the postbus to Sarnen station, then take the Zentralbahn back to Lucerne.
- Tip: the hike is also possible in the opposite direction.
Type: Day Tour from Luzern
Departs From: Lucerne Train Station
Duration: 8 hours
Availability: daily at 08:00 am
Book your journey here or contact us directly to +41 76 2618641
Available in following languages: German, English & Spanish
Access/Start: Engelberg mountain station
Arrival/Return: Melchsee-Frutt ; return by cable car to Stöckalp and by train to Lucerne.
Conditions & Requirements: Medium (mountain hiking trail)
Total km: 9 km
CHF 450 (up to six persons)
Our pricing is per-tour NOT per-person so if there are 3 or more in your group, you’ll probably pay less than if you took a bus tour.
The Four Lake trail Transportation cost includes:
Train ride Lucerne – Engelberg – Sarnen – Lucerne
Gondola Lift Engelberg–Trübsee; Melchsee-Frutt–Stöckalp, as well as optionally with or without the Jochpass to Engstlenalp chair-lift, depending on snow conditions
Post Bus Stöckalp–Sarnen
CHF 86.90 approx. per person
- Multilingual guide
- Profesional photographer & guide
- Travel & landscape photography
- Photo walks & discussions
- Full Private Guided Tour
- Food and beverages
- Tour Transportation cost (see above for detailed tour cost info)
- Hotel pick up & drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Travel Insurance
- Personal expenses
- Optional activities cost
- Camera Equipment
PD e-Gift Card
Give someone you know a PD e-Gift Card, good toward any of our Lucerne Photography Private Courses or Photography Workshops & Tours. For those in a rush or living outside Switzerland, we will send you a printable eCard. PD e-Gift Cards are fully transferable and have NO expiration date. They are available in any amount from CHF 49 – CFH 950. It makes a great gift for someone who loves photography or travel. Order now, or email us for more information.