The Queen of the Swiss Alps
What To Expect
Discover and shoot some of the most remarkable landscapes in Central Switzerland on this 7-hour private photography tour from Lucerne. Photograph the sweeping vistas, rugged mountain peaks, and dramatic skies around Mount Rigi in the company of a professional photographer guide. Whatever your skill level, your guide helps you create some unforgettable memories. Discover the beauty of Lucerne city on an optional 2.5 hrs. photo walk and photograph and know the history of Chapel Bridge, Lion Monument, City old Wall and Lucerne Castle.
All camera skills welcomed! From a compact or professional camera to a smart photo.
Make your own way to Lucerne’s Torbogen monument, in front of the train station, by 8am. Greet your professional photographer guide and begin your photography tour.
The journey begins with a trip through Lake Lucerne towards Vitznau. Switch to Europe’s first-ever mountain railway up to Rigi-Kulm, admiring the Swiss Alpine landscape around you.
Your knowledgeable guide takes you to the best locations around Mount Rigi for optimizing your photography, depending upon the available light and time of year. Your guide also offers insight into the area’s history and traditions. During the day there is the opportunity to savor a traditional meal in a local restaurant.
After a day of exploring and photographing, ride back to Weggis via gondola, before continuing to Lucerne by boat.
Explore Lucerne city as a local on an optional 2.5 hrs. photo walk which includes visits to the Chapel Bridge, Lion Monument, Old City Wall and Lucerne Castle.
– Ride the oldest cogwheel train of Europe
– Take a boat ride in 1st class
– Discover breath-taking alpine views
– Enjoy a cogwheel train ride to the top of Mount Rigi, enjoy views of Lake Lucerne and snow-capped Alps
– Hike down hill an easy mountain path
- Professional photographer guide
- Travel & landscape photography support and tips how to take better images
- Small Group tour
- Full day tour from Lucerne
- All transportation from Lucerne to Mt Rigi and back (Boat ride in 1st class, Cable cars and cogwheel train)
- 2.5 hrs. City Photo Walk: Chapel bridge, Lion Monument, Old city Wall and Lucerne Castle (Optional City Tour extension)
- Lift ticket to Lucerne Castle (Optional City Tour extension)
- Private photography shooting along the tour ( Optional Photo shooting in Different Locations along the tour )
- On-line private gallery to download all the images of the tour (Optional Photo shooting )
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Camera and Camera Equipment
- Travel Insurance
- Personal expenses
Is this Tour for you?
This tour is intended for amateur as well as serious photography enthusiasts with an interest to visit and photograph the beauty of the Swiss Alps together with its many traditions and culture . No prior expertise or experience in photography is necessary, as your photographer-guide will be there to assist you at every level. You may carry any camera – a simple aim-and-shoot or a DSLR. Travel enthusiasts who are not photographers but keen to experience the multiple facets of Switzerland can also benefit from the tour.
Can I bring my non-photographer partner with me?
Yes, you can. We visit many beautiful places in Switzerland. Having a good time during the trip is as much on the agenda as photography is. Your partner will enjoy the journey with us.
I am not a keen photographer. But I want to visit Switzerland. Can I still join?
Yes. The answer is exactly the same as in the case of previous question. We visit many beautiful places in Switzerland with a spectacular natural wonders, we witness the best Alpine Festivals during the whole year and always with the idea in mind of having long lasting memories in all our photo tours. For us fun is as much on the agenda as photography is!
Mountain Tour CHF 559 p.p. (up to six persons)
Optional Tour Extensions:
Book this tour together with any of the extensions we offer: Lucerne city Highlights or Photo Shooting along the tour.
- Lucerne Photo Walk: 2.5 hrs. Lucerne photo tour including main highlights: Chapel Bridge, Lion Monument, City Old Wall and Lucerne Castle.
- Price CHF 120
- Starts: 15:00
- Photo Shooting: I will photograph you along the tour. I am a professional photographer using the best photography equipment and software. You get all images in a private online gallery.
- Price CHF 120
Type: Day Tours in Luzern
Departs From: Lucerne Train Station
Duration: 7 hours
Availability: daily at 07:45
Available in following languages: English & Spanish
Book your excursion here or contact us directly to +41 76 2618641
PD e-Gift Card
Give someone you know a PD e-Gift Card, good toward any of our Lucerne Photography Private Courses or Photography Workshops & Tours. For those in a rush or living outside Switzerland, we will send you a printable eCard. PD e-Gift Cards are fully transferable and have NO expiration date. They are available in any amount from CHF 49 – CFH 950. It makes a great gift for someone who loves photography or travel. Order now, or email us for more information.
Tour Image Gallery