Your adventure will take you from the quaint shores of Ascona on Lake Maggiore, to the fortified walls of Bellinzona and to the Valle Verzasca, popular for the double-arched bridge and for its wonderful pools of green water. This is a unique in-depth exploration of Ticinese culture.
- Visit the Contra Dam, Europe’s most famous film location and Jump like James Bond in Goldeneye
- Enjoy the unique beauty of a wild alpine valley at “Valle Verzasca”; walk throughout its double arch bridge and admire its stunning rock formations!
- Discover off beaten track locations around Ascona and shoot a breath-taking sunrise/sunset
- Drive along Valle Maggia and stop along the way to visit historical towns, stunning waterfalls and beautiful rivers.
- Full photography assistance during the tour to take back home the images you always dreamed of.
- Let yourself be enchanted by the mystery of Bellinzona Castles.
- Remarkable views of green hills where olives and grapevines grow with a rich subtropical vegetation of the lakeside.
- Private three day tour in a comfortable car from Lucerne.
- Explore two little Ticinese towns and refresh in alpine water with waterfalls among old roman bridges. Tranquil villages and trails that time forgot!
- Take in wide sweeping views of the region’s prominent lake: Maggiore.
A sweet, laid back Italian way of life blends with the beauty of the Swiss Alps in the sun-drenched Italian speaking part of Switzerland known as Ticino. With 2,500 average hours of sunlight per year, you’re sure to find blue skies and sparkling waters during this 8-day Ticino Swiss Lakes District hiking tour.
One of the great charms of the Ticino is the region’s culture, a mix of Italian passion with a hint of germanic influence and with delicious culinary tradition.
What to Expect
You’ll begin in the charming, lake resort of Ascona with its lakefront promenade, arcaded shops, Piazza Grande and its winding cobbled streets, home to many artisans shops and ateliers. Around the town, many little villages offer exceptional vantage points with breath-taking Vistas, the perfect spot for a Sunrise and Sunset. Take in the amazing views of Lake Maggiore before departing into a remote valley with numerous ruins, active herding hamlets and intriguing stone architecture at Valle Maggia.
Drop into the Valle Verzasca to visit the charming village of Lavertezzo. Lavertezzo is famous for its Roman-looking double arch bridge constructed in the 17th century. Stop by the famous Contra Dam, one of the most famous locations in Europe of James Bond’s 007 Golden eye.
Travel to the capital of Ticino, Bellinzona, revered for its series of three medieval castles honored as UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Set off on a privately guided tour of the city. Stop in a small Village to savor a lunch of quintessential Ticino flavours among locals. On our way back to Lucerne, we will visit another Ticinese jewel with stunning of mountains and a waterfall, just the perfect final of our Ticino adventure!
- Professional photography support.
- Private tour.
- Transport by private vehicle from Lucerne and to all tour locations in Ticino.
- Full three day guided tour.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off .
- 30 post-processed images and a personal link download the pictures.
What’s Not Included
- Food and drinks.
- Gratuities (optional).
- Travel insurance.
- Castle Entrance fees.
- Personal expenses.
CHF 3200 (up to 6 persons)
Our pricing is per Tour NOT per person so if there are 3 or more in your group, you’ll probably pay less than if you took a big tour.
Book your excursion here or contact us directly to +41 76 2618641
“Torbogen” Arch monument (Bahnhofpl., 6003 Luzern) right in front of the train station in Lucerne or we can pick you up from your Hotel in Lucerne as well.
Photography course/tour e-Gift card
Give someone you know a PD e-Gift Card, good toward any of our Lucerne Photography Private Courses or Photography Workshops & Tours. For those in a rush or living outside Switzerland, we will send you a printable eCard. PD e-Gift Cards are fully transferable and have NO expiration date. They are available in any amount from CHF 49 – CFH 950. It makes a great gift for someone who loves photography or travel. Order now, or email us for more information.