Day Photo Trip with private photographer/guide by Boat, Cogwheel and areal Cableway
Experience in a Private Tour, from May to November, five different modes of transport and one amazing mountain experience all in one day.
This is a day excursion taking first a boat trip, then a cogwheel railway, aerial cableway and last but not least a panorama gondola. At 2132 meters altitude (7000 feet’s) enjoy stunning views over Lake Lucerne and the Swiss Alps. Designed by a local professional photographer and alpine guide, It is guaranteed you will have a lot of amazing photography opportunities during this journey. We will take you to some of the best locations in Mount Pilatus with possibilities of easy hikes and gorgeous photo opportunities. All Camera skill levels are welcome.
What to expect
Pilatus Kulm, a mighty 2,132 meters above sea level, is renowned as one of Switzerland’s most spectacular viewpoints. The world is literally at your feet when you stand here and the panoramic views are especially impressive.
After a relaxing boat trip on Lake Lucerne, you can look forward to a spectacular ride on the world’s steepest cog railway which will take you through fascinating rock faces, sparkling mountain streams and lush meadows carpeted with Alpine flowers to the top of Mount Pilatus. From an altitude of (7000 ft / 2132 m) you will enjoy an unforgettable view over the surrounding mountains and lakes. Once on top we hike the Flower Trail for 35 min to the top of Tomlishorn (the highest peak of Pilatus at 2128m\m) where on a clear day you see the roof tops of the Swiss Alps and even see the famous peaks of Eiger, Moench, Jungfrau and Mt Titlis in the distance. If we are lucky, we may even encounter a few wild Capricorns along the way, your tour guide knows when and where to spot the local wildlife at Mt. Pilatus and of course, he will male sure you get outstanding landscape and wild life images. For this hike we recommend sturdy hiking shoes as the narrow roped path consists of uneven granite rocks.
Continue your adventure along the cliff gallery, 500 m in length, with magnificent views of the country below. After, we will have time to enjoy a variety of restaurants to get some refreshments and meals (not included).
You may then descend back down to lower elevations by taking the exhilarating new aerial cableway “Dragon Ride” , with jaw dropping views out of the panoramic windows, especially designed to give the feeling of flying. We will spend some time at the middle station to get some more alpine views, a perfect spot for relaxing and take some amazing photographs. Afterwards you change into the panorama gondolas which take you down to the Valley Station. Take a 10-minutes bus ride back to Lucerne, thus completing the convenient circular journey.
- Enjoy the Steepest Cogwheel Railway in the World
- Wonderful photographic images wherever you look.
- Enjoy the remarkable 360º panorama vistas from the Alps and lake Luzern.
- Seven hour full escorted private tour
- Tour Accompanied by a professional travel photographer to show you how to take better pictures
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Ideal choice for families
- Take in the views as you ride the Panorama Gondola and Cogwheel train
- Feel the thrill of the Dragon Ride on the way back from Mt Pilatus to Lucerne
- “Golden Tour” with ship, cogwheel railway and aerial cableway, as well as panoramic cable car
- Paradise for hikers, from gentle paths to alpine climbs
- Hike on the Flower Trail on top of the Mount Pilatus.
- Travel, landscape & nature photography guidance
- Professional photographer – guide
- Full Escorted Private tour
- Professional, multilingual guide – English, Spanish, German
- Professional Photography shooting on location
- Private on-line gallery
- 30 post processed images with professional photography software
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Photography equipment
- Transportation cost per person round trip from Lucerne (boat in 1st class, cogwheel train, dragon fly, gondolas and bus) CHF 120; children and Swiss Travel Pass CHF 60
CHF 550 per group (up to six persons)
Book this tour with the city highlights option if you want the 2.5 hrs extension walking tour in the city or a private photo shooting along the whole tour
- Lucerne photo walk: Take our 2.5 hrs. Lucerne walking city tour including the Chapel bridge, Lion Monument, old city wall and Lucerne castle.
- Extra cost per group CHF 120
- Photography Shooting: I will take photos of you along the whole tour. I am a professional travel photographer and i use the best equipment to take pictures. It also includes a private image Gallery to download the images.
- Extra cost per group CHF 120
Meeting Point & Time: Lucerne Train Station at 8:00 am
Duration: 7 hours
If you would like to book this photo tour Submit a proposal or request and we will contact you with the Tour’s availability.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Seasonal program changes: From MAY. 2019 till NOV. 2019
- Operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Tour price is per tour and not per person
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Travel Cost per person is not included: CHF 120 including Boat trip in 1st class, Cogwheel railway and Gondolas
- 50% off on travel costs with the Swiss Travel Pass
Is this Tour for you?
This tour is intended for amateur as well as serious photography enthusiasts with an interest to visit and photograph the beauty of the Swiss Alps together with its many traditions and culture . No prior expertise or experience in photography is necessary, as your photographer-guide will be there to assist you at every level. You may carry any camera – a simple aim-and-shoot or a DSLR. Travel enthusiasts who are not photographers but keen to experience the multiple facets of Switzerland can also benefit from the tour.
Can I bring my non-photographer partner with me?
Yes, you can. We visit many beautiful places in Switzerland. Having a good time during the trip is as much on the agenda as photography is. Your partner will enjoy the journey with us.
I am not a keen photographer. But I want to visit Switzerland. Can I still join?
Yes. The answer is exactly the same as in the case of previous question. We visit many beautiful places in Switzerland with a spectacular natural wonders, we witness the best Alpine Festivals during the whole year and always with the idea in mind of having long lasting memories in all our photo tours. For us fun is as much on the agenda as photography is!
Book your photo tour here or contact us directly to +41 762618641.
PD e-Gift Card
Give someone you know a PD e-Gift Card, good toward any of our Lucerne Photography Private Courses or Photography Workshops & Tours. For those in a rush or living outside Switzerland, we will send you a printable eCard. PD e-Gift Cards are fully transferable and have NO expiration date. They are available in any amount from CHF 49 – CFH 950. It makes a great gift for someone who loves photography or travel. Order now, or email us for more information.
Tour Image Gallery