Day Photo Trip with private photographer/guide by Boat, Cogwheel and areal Cableway
Experience, from May to October, five different modes of transport and one amazing mountain with the “Golden round trip”, all in one day! (April 1. to May 5. we will take the cableway “Dragon Ride” and a Lunch is included instead the boat and cogwheel train). This is a day excursion taking first a boat trip, then a cogwheel railway, aerial cableway and last but not least a panorama gondola. On 2132 meters altitude (7000 feet’s) panoramic views over Lake Lucerne and the Alps awaits you. Designed by a professional photographer based in Lucerne, It is guaranteed you will have a lot of amazing photography opportunities during this journey. This full guided private photo tour will take you to some of the best locations in Mount Pilatus with possibilities of easy hikes and gorgeous photo opportunities. All Camera skill levels are welcomed. Lucerne 2.5 hrs. walking tour extension is also available as part of this tour!
What to expect
Pilatus Kulm, a mighty 2,132 meters above sea level, is renowned as one of Switzerland’s most spectacular viewpoints. The world is literally at your feet when you stand here, and the panoramic views from any one of the three peaks (Esel, Oberhaupt and Tomlishorn), are especially impressive.
After a boat trip on Lake Lucerne, you can look forward to a spectacular ride on the world’s steepest cog railway which will take you through fascinating rock faces, sparkling mountain streams and lush meadows carpeted with Alpine flowers to the top of Mount Pilatus. From an altitude of (7000 ft / 2132 m) you will enjoy an unforgettable view over the surrounding mountains and lakes. Once on top we hike the Flower Trail for 35 min to the top of Tomlishorn (the highest peak of Pilatus at 2128m\m) where on a clear day you see the roof tops of the Swiss Alps and even see the famous peaks of Eiger, Moench,Jungfrau and Mt Titlis in the distance. If we are lucky, we may even encounter a few wild Capricorns along the way. For this hike we recommend sturdy hiking shoes as the narrow roped path consists of uneven granite rocks.
Below the Oberhaupt, there is an artificial cliff gallery, 500 m in length, with magnificent views of the country below and a Dragons’ Path designed by the artist Hans Erni. A variety of restaurants and hotels ensure that visitors to Pilatus Kulm are well looked after.
You may then descend back down to lower elevations by taking the exhilarating 5-minutes ride by the new aerial cableway “Dragon Ride” , with jaw dropping views out of the panoramic windows, especially designed to give the feeling of flying. Afterwards you change into the panorama gondolas which take you down to the Valley Station Kriens. A 5-minute walk and a 10-minutes bus ride takes you back to Lucerne, thus completing the convenient circular journey. For those taking the 2.5 hrs. Lucerne walking tour optional extension we will visit the Chapel Bridge, Lion Monument, Old city wall and Lucerne castle.
- Enjoy the Steepest Cogwheel Railway in the World
- Wonderful photographic images wherever you look.
- Enjoy the remarkable 360º panorama vistas from the Alps and lake Luzern.
- Six hour full escorted private tour
- Tour Accompanied by a professional travel photographer to show you how to take better pictures and will photograph you in this amazing landscape (optional)
- Cruise Lake Lucerne in 1st class (depends on the season – please check availability)
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Ideal choice for families
- Take in the views as you ride the Panorama Gondola and Cogwheel train
- Feel the thrill of the Dragon Ride on the way back from Mt Pilatus to Lucerne
- “Golden Tour” with ship, cogwheel railway and aerial cableway, as well as panoramic cable car
- Paradise for hikers, from gentle paths to alpine climbs
- Hike on the Flower Trail on top of the Mount Pilatus.
- Travel, landscape & nature photography guidance
- Professional photographer – guide
- Full Escorted Small Group Tour
- Professional, multilingual guide – English, Spanish
- Golden Round Trip ticket (Boat ride in 1st class, Cogwheel train, Dragon ride, cablecar and bus back to Lucerne) From May to October
- Bus, Cable car and Dragon Fly From April 1st to May 5th.
- Lunch (From April 1st to May 5th)
- 2.5 hrs. Walking city tour ( City Tour Optional Extension )
- Lucerne Castle lift ticket ( City Tour Optional Extension )
- Professional Photography shooting on location (Tour & Photo Shoot Optional Extension)
- Private on-line gallery (Tour & Photo Shoot Extension)
- 30 post processed images with professional photography software (Tour & Photo Shoot Optional Extension)
- Food (unless mentioned above)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Photography equipment
- Travel insurance
Mountain Tour CHF 449 p.p. (up to six persons)
Book this tour with the city highlights option if you want the 2.5 hrs extension walking tour in the city or a private photo shooting along the whole tour
- Lucerne photo walk: Take our 2.5 hrs. Lucerne walking city tour including the Chapel bridge, Lion Monument, old city wall and Lucerne castle.
- Starts: 14:00
- Cost CHF 120
- Photography Shooting: I will take photos of you along the whole tour. I am a professional travel photographer and i use the best equipment to take pictures. It also includes a private image Gallery to download the images.
- Starts: 8:00
- Cost CHF 120
Meeting Point & Time: Lucerne Train Station at 8:00 am
Duration: 6 hours
If you would like to book this photo tour Submit a proposal or request and Luis will contact you with the Tour’s availability.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Seasonal program changes: From MAY, 2018 till OCT, 2018 Golden Round Trip in 1st Class boat ride!
- From April 1st to May 5th a Lunch without drinks is included instead of of boat ride and cogwheel train
- Operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
Is this Tour for you?
This tour is intended for amateur as well as serious photography enthusiasts with an interest to visit and photograph the beauty of the Swiss Alps together with its many traditions and culture . No prior expertise or experience in photography is necessary, as your photographer-guide will be there to assist you at every level. You may carry any camera – a simple aim-and-shoot or a DSLR. Travel enthusiasts who are not photographers but keen to experience the multiple facets of Switzerland can also benefit from the tour.
Can I bring my non-photographer partner with me?
Yes, you can. We visit many beautiful places in Switzerland. Having a good time during the trip is as much on the agenda as photography is. Your partner will enjoy the journey with us.
I am not a keen photographer. But I want to visit Switzerland. Can I still join?
Yes. The answer is exactly the same as in the case of previous question. We visit many beautiful places in Switzerland with a spectacular natural wonders, we witness the best Alpine Festivals during the whole year and always with the idea in mind of having long lasting memories in all our photo tours. For us fun is as much on the agenda as photography is!
Book your photo tour here or contact us directly to +41 762618641.
PD e-Gift Card
Give someone you know a PD e-Gift Card, good toward any of our Lucerne Photography Private Courses or Photography Workshops & Tours. For those in a rush or living outside Switzerland, we will send you a printable eCard. PD e-Gift Cards are fully transferable and have NO expiration date. They are available in any amount from CHF 49 – CFH 950. It makes a great gift for someone who loves photography or travel. Order now, or email us for more information.