Pure nature, well kept traditions and gorgeous Mountainscapes!
- Klewenalp safari – a popular walk for young and old, including cable-car, post bus and boat rides.
- Longest cable car in Central Switzerland.
- Lake Lucerne – historic steamers invite you to discover the landscape from the water.
- Fantastic views.
- Flower trail.
- Lucerne – it is only a 75-minute boat ride from Beckenried to Central Switzerland’s main tourist and shopping centre in Lucerne.
- Private Tour
- Guided by an experienced travel photographer
- Panoramic view over six Swiss lakes
- Safe hiking trail
Do not only dream of fantastic views, hike in a unique mountain world!
To the Swiss, Central Switzerland – green, mountainous and amazingly beautiful – is the spirit of ‘Swissness’. It was here that the pact that kick-started a nation was signed in 1291; here that hero William Tell gave a rebel yell against Habsburg rule. Geographically, politically, spiritually, this is the heartland. Nowhere does the flag fly higher.
On the Klewenalp marmots greet the visitors at the mountain station, before they set out on the panoramic loop. A roomy cable car (with the capacity of max. 70 people) takes you up to Klewenalp from Beckenried. From here the view of Lake of Luzern and the surrounding mountain panorama is irresistible!
Enjoy the mountain station Klewenalp in both summer and winter. For visitors there are many activities such as walks of various difficulty, winter fun including sledding, snow-shoe walking and airboard.
What to expect
The longest cable-car in Central Switzerland takes you from the centre of the village of Beckenried up to the hiking and biking area of Klewenalp-Stockhütte. At the top station of the Klewenalp cable-car (1593 m) is a large children’s playground, a pet’s zoo and a “marmot park”. You can spend the night in the mountain inn or, for a special adventure, in a tepee camp. A panoramic circular walk offers excellent views of the surrounding scenery.
After travelling up to the Klewenalp, the circular tour takes about 2 hours on foot through meadows and pine forests to the Stockhütte. Then you can rest on the cable-car down to Emmetten. The tour continues by post bus to Beckenried and then by train and bus back to Lucerne.
You can quickly reach Klewenalp with the cable car from Beckenried. The panoramic view over six Swiss lakes is unique and the alpine hiking trail goes safely over beautiful alp meadows – a great feeling being in the midst of nature for the adventure lovers.
- Professional photographer guide
- Private tour
- Photography Assistance
- 30 images post-processed and a link to download all images (if this service is required)
- Full guided tour from Lucerne Klewenalp – Lucerne
What’s not included
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Travel Insurance
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option not selected)
- Transportation cost per person Lucerne-Klewenalp-Lucerne: CHF 85 approx (all cable cars, boat, train and bus)
CHF 590 (up to 6 persons)
Our pricing is per Tour NOT per person so if there are 3 or more in your group, you’ll probably pay less than if you took a big tour.
Transportation cost per person Lucerne-Klewenalp-Lucerne: CHF 85 approx (all cable cars, boat, train and bus)
Book your excursion here or contact us directly to +41 76 2618641
“Torbogen” Arch monument (Bahnhofpl., 6003 Luzern) right in front of the train station in Lucerne.
Photography course/tour e-Gift card
Give someone you know a PD e-Gift Card, good toward any of our Lucerne Photography Private Courses or Photography Workshops & Tours. For those in a rush or living outside Switzerland, we will send you a printable eCard. PD e-Gift Cards are fully transferable and have NO expiration date. They are available in any amount from CHF 49 – CFH 950. It makes a great gift for someone who loves photography or travel. Order now, or email us for more information.