Mount Bürgenstock is more than a mountain – it’s a legend!
Take mind-blowing photographs in the heart of central Switzerland atop a spectacular mountain ridge offering incomparable views of Lake Lucerne and the Swiss Alps. The Resort is a landmark that measures 1 km across and occupies 60 hectares. It is a place boasting a superior sense of vision, it always has. The first establishment to be built on Mt. Bürgenberg was the Grand Hotel back in 1873. It was a special destination for special guests, from Charlie Chaplin to Kofi Annan. Sofia Loren resided at the resort, and Audrey Hepburn was married in the Bürgenstock Chapel.
Enjoy the alpine landscape as you reach the Bürgenstock Resort in a diverse and comfortable transportation swiss mode among meadows in the swiss countryside. If you have a passion for beautiful Landscapes and nature, Bürgenstock is the right place to snap great images so you will be back home with long- lasting and beautiful memories!
Discover the beauty of Lucerne city on an optional 2.5 hrs. tour including The Chapel Bridge, Lion Monument, City old Wall and Lucerne Castle.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Experience the beauty of Bürgenstock in a full day trip with many different ways of transportation. Depart from Lucerne by train and change to bus traveling along green fields and alpine scenery. We will have already plenty of photography opportunities for a 30 min ride from the comfort of your seat. At 1,200 mts. walk at the edge of the mountain along the impressive cliff path offering outstanding views down on Lake Lucerne. We will take photos from the spectacular alpine landscape and also take some photos of you in this amazing natural setting, this is just the perfect start before reaching the Panorama Elevator.
If you don’t suffer from vertigo, the Hammetschwand Panorama Elevator is for you. Its views of the steep cliffs stretching down into the lake are breathtaking. In just about one minute, Europe’s highest outdoor stand-alone elevator whisks passengers up to the terrace atop Mount Bürgenstock. The 152.8 meter-high lift is one of the most daring tourist attractions dating back to the Belle Epoque. Photograph the natural wonders in Central Switzerland in an environment which is best described as heavenly!
When you have finished exploring the Alpine resort, it’s time to head down via the funicular and then by boat through the pristine Lake Lucerne.
A unique experience with plenty of photography opportunities from the beginning to the end!
Explore Lucerne city as a local on an optional 2.5 hrs. photo walk which includes visits to the Chapel Bridge, Lion Monument, Old City Wall and Lucerne Castle.
– Tour Accompanied by a professional travel photographer to show you how to take better pictures and will photograph you in this amazing landscape.
– Enjoy the incredible outdoor setting with 360 degree views from the spectacular mountain ridge setting.
– This tour can be tailor to your interests and for instance combine it with a Lucerne city tour (extension) or a Photo Shooting along the Tour. Landscape and cultural sightseeing blend easily in Switzerland!!!
– Take the efficient swiss public transportation in four different ways: Train, bus, Boat and funicular.
– Discover Bürgenstock resort of superlatives.
– Experience Europe’s highest & fastest outdoor elevator as you go up the 300 ft / 150 m Hammetschwand Lift to the 1128m/3500ft mountaintop.
– Hike on an easy, wide, shade covered Cliffside footpath on a new “Educational Trail” with visuals communicating the region’s sustainability, ecological and geographical features and history.
– Absorb the alpine landscape of the countryside after a 30 minute public transportation ride.
- Full Escorted Small Group Tour
- Professional photographer, multilingual guide – English, Spanish
- All Transportation from Lucerne (Boat trip and Funicular and Hammetschwand Lift)
- 2.5 hrs. City Photo Walk: Chapel bridge, Lion Monument, Old city Wall and Lucerne Castle (Optional City Tour Extension)
- Lift Ticket to Lucerne Castle (Optional City Tour Extension)
- Professional Photography shooting on location (Optional Extension)
- Private on-line gallery (Optional Extension)
- 30 post processed images with professional photography software (Optional Extension)
- Food and beverages
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- Travel insurance
- Hotel Pick up and Drop off
- Camera Equipment
CHF 449 p.p. (up to 6 persons)
Book this tour with the city highlights option if you want the 2.5 hrs extension walking tour in the city or a private photo shooting along the whole tour
- Lucerne photo walk: Take our 2.5 hrs. Lucerne walking city tour including the Chapel bridge, Lion Monument, old city wall and Lucerne castle.
- Starts: 14:00
- Cost CHF 120
- Photography Shooting: I will take photos of you along the whole tour. I am a professional travel photographer and i use the best equipment to take pictures. It also includes a private image Gallery to download the images.
- Starts: 8:00
- Cost CHF 120
Book your excursion here or contact us directly to +41 76 2618641
Departure time and meeting point:
– At the “Torbogen” Big arch monument in front of the train station.
– We will leave early morning to get the most of the day. We can also leave later if you want to.
– Duration: 6 hours
Season: From May to October
View: Over the Lake Lucerne, Mt. Rigi, Mythen, Buochserhorn, Mt. Stanserhorn, Mt. Titlis and Mt. Pilatus
Winter: Felsenweg path, Hammetschwand lift and the Hammetschwand mountain restaurant are not in operation during winter
Is this Tour for you?
This tour is intended for amateur as well as serious photography enthusiasts with an interest to visit and photograph the beauty of the Swiss Alps together with its many traditions and culture . No prior expertise or experience in photography is necessary, as your photographer-guide will be there to assist you at every level. You may carry any camera – a simple aim-and-shoot or a DSLR. Travel enthusiasts who are not photographers but keen to experience the multiple facets of Switzerland can also benefit from the tour.
Can I bring my non-photographer partner with me?
Yes, you can. We visit many beautiful places in Switzerland. Having a good time during the trip is as much on the agenda as photography is. Your partner will enjoy the journey with us.
I am not a keen photographer. But I want to visit Switzerland. Can I still join?
Yes. The answer is exactly the same as in the case of previous question. We visit many beautiful places in Switzerland with a spectacular natural wonders, we witness the best Alpine Festivals during the whole year and always with the idea in mind of having long lasting memories in all our photo tours. For us fun is as much on the agenda as photography is!
Photography course/tour e-Gift card
Give someone you know a PD e-Gift Card, good toward any of our Lucerne Photography Private Courses or Photography Workshops & Tours. For those in a rush or living outside Switzerland, we will send you a printable eCard. PD e-Gift Cards are fully transferable and have NO expiration date. They are available in any amount from CHF 49 – CFH 950. It makes a great gift for someone who loves photography or travel. Order now, or email us for more information.